Ways with Willow provide services which not only enhance the lives of these people, but will improve them; offering volunteering and employment possibilities in a real working environment for those people who would not normally have those options.
We support local economy growth and aim to tackle the pervasive unemployment / under-employment of our target groups through the delivery of a financially sustainable social enterprise, which provides benefit to the local community both through our business delivery model and our products and services supplied.
Ways with Willow run a number of different projects:
- Willow for Health project – an alternative to traditional therapeutic services, which help people to become more confident and make positive steps to improve their lives
- Work programme for adults with learning disabilities and mental ill health through the production and sale of willow kits and finished products
- Volunteer training for women with mental ill health and victims of domestic abuse; inspiring vulnerable women to improve their confidence and rebuild their lives.
- Community Growth Project – By growing willow locally we can provide more opportunities to local people, increase environmental and financial sustainability, and provide better access to wider range of materials for our courses and workshops.
We use creative therapy to address:
- Employment and training barriers experienced by people with complex needs.
- Lack of accessible personal development opportunities for the same vulnerable groups.
We also offer a structured training course for willow tutors to expand the reach of our model both regionally and nationally. By training outreach tutors who themselves face similar barriers to work, we will provide flexible employment opportunities for those facing personal and health barriers to work.
We are staffed exclusively by individuals that represent the groups whose needs we aim to address in our service delivery