The term ‘Ways with Willow’, ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is: 11 Tavern Barn, Fowey PL23 1EF. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offense.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may use the information to improve our website (we continually strive to improve our website offerings, based upon the feedback and information received from you.
- We may use to improve customer service
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new services, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Our Website and Services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years and older.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- Click the I do not accept cookies and this will redirect you to the Google site
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to us.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission and only then to selected partners or are required by law to do so. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business or servicing you, so long as those parties to agree to our confidentiality policy.
We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen. You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please contact us. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
List of Cookies
Here is a list of cookies active on our website, many are to help us understand who is visiting and their use of the website, eg Google Analytics. Others are for subscribed user. Please see below for a full list:
If you are booking within 7 days of the course or workshop date, we advise you to telephone Ways with Willow on 07712 151875 to check availability of places before booking online.
Please note that your payment is non-refundable 7 days prior to the event. In the unlikely event that we should have to cancel an event, you will receive a full refund or transfer your booking to another date if available. Courses are booked on receipt of full payment. By registering your details with us online, over the phone or in person to book a place, you will automatically be added to our mailing list. Please specify at the time of booking if you would prefer not to be added.
Tuition is on a group basis, although it does take account of individual’s interests and needs. All courses are subject to a minimum number of students enrolling. If we have to cancel a course, all participants will be notified and offered an alternative course or fees refunded in full.
- Ways with Willow is not a childcare provider. Our workshops and courses are designed to provide children and young people with fun and informal learning in a safe environment. The minimum age for children attending one of our workshops is 4, and this is for insurance purposes. Please state your child’s age when booking. Parents are not required to attend a workshop with their child (other than parent and toddler sessions) but are more than welcome to stay if preferred.
- For some workshops, as part of the group activities there is a chance that your child will be photographed or filmed. This is so they can have the experience of being both in front of and behind the camera. If you book on one of these workshops, you are giving us your permission to photograph and/or film your child during the workshop, and to also upload the media onto our own website.
- If there is anything you feel we should know about your child’s health, allergies or dietary requirements, or if they have additional learning needs, please make sure you inform us at the time of booking. Ways with Willow aims to be as inclusive as possible, so this will not affect their place on the workshop. However, it will allow us to make additional arrangements in advance to accommodate your child if necessary.
- Please make sure your child has a drink and a snack when they attend workshops, and a packed lunch if they are staying all day.
- As part of the sessions, Ways with Willow prefer to teach all or part of our workshops outdoors if the weather permits. This gives children a chance to be physically active and experience the benefits of outdoor learning in a natural environment. Children will always be always be supervised by at least one member of staff who is also a qualified first aider.
- All staff and volunteers have enhanced DBS (CRD) checks.
- We ask parents to accompany children at the beginning of the workshop when dropping them off. This is so we can verify contact details and go through any information with you. Please make sure you have arrangements in place for collecting your child, and if somebody else will be collecting your child, you will need to notify us of this when dropping them off. Parents/guardians of students, or persons authorised to collect them, must sign their child into and out of each workshop.
- If you are delayed in picking your child up, please call us on 07712 151875 at the earliest possible time so we can inform your child and make arrangements for them to be looked after until you arrive. If you fail to collect your child and do not notify us of your circumstances, you may incur a Late Collection Penalty fee, or, in very extreme cases, Cornwall and Devon Social Services may be called.
- Ways with Willow has a strict Child and Vulnerable Adult Safeguarding Policy that we adhere to for all of our activities. This is regularly updated in line with changes to the law and government guidance. If you would like to see a copy of our Safeguarding Policy, you can request one via email or telephone. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Students are expected to behave in a responsible manner respecting tutors, other students, Ways with Willow’s property and equipment and venues. Students who do not behave responsibly will not be allowed to continue with the course or workshops. Parents/guardians will be contacted and expected to take the student within 2hours.
COURSES AND WORKSHOPS FOR ADULTS
Workshops and courses for adults are for persons aged 18+. In some circumstances we will allow a younger person aged 14+ to attend adult workshops and courses if they are accompanied by a full paying adult. If there is anything you feel we should know about your health, allergies or dietary requirements, or if you have additional learning needs, please make sure you inform us at the time of booking. Ways with Willow aims to be as inclusive as possible so this will not affect your place on the workshop, however, it will allow us to make additional arrangements if necessary.
If your workshop or course runs over lunchtime, please bring a packed lunch with you. Your tutor will agree with the group on the day what time and for how long the lunch break will be. If weather permits, we prefer to work outdoors, as the natural environment inspires greater creativity than a classroom. Please make sure you bring something warm to wear and comfortable shoes if this is the case.
CHANGING DATES OR POSTPONING A COURSE
In rare circumstances, we may need to rearrange dates of a course or workshop. If so, we will try to give you as much notice as possible. Information will also be published on our website. Please ensure you supply a telephone number where you are easily contactable and a valid email address at the time of booking. In cases such as these, if you cannot attend a replacement course or workshop at an alternative time, then a full refund will be made.
CANCELLATIONS MADE BY YOU
If you wish to cancel your place on the course, your course or workshop fees will only be refunded if we are notified in writing/email at least 2 weeks prior to the course commencing. If your cancellation is within 2 weeks of the course or workshop, a refund of 50% will be made. If your cancellation is within 7 days of the course or workshop, a refund of 50% will be made, only in the event of us being able to rebook your place. We do not offer refunds once the course or workshop has commenced other than in exceptional circumstances at the discretion of Ways with Willow.
Please note that while every care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of this information, Ways with Willow reserves the right to make changes if necessary.
CODE OF CONDUCT
Students are expected to behave in a responsible manner respecting tutors, other students, Ways with Willow’s property and equipment and venues. Students who do not behave responsibly will not be allowed to continue with the course or workshops. Parents/guardians will be contacted and expected to take the student within 2hours.
Non-attendance at courses or workshops due to illness or for personal reasons does not provide the right to a refund, extra tuition, or a transfer. This is at the discretion of Ways with Willow.
We welcome participation from adults and young people with disabilities and will do our best to support them. Please contact us for further advice before enrolling.
MARKETING AND PHOTOGRAPHY
Ways with Willow will photograph activities, groups and individuals during our workshops, courses or other events for marketing and evaluation purposes. We will always ask permission to take your photo (or your child’s photo) first and you must state on the booking form if you do not give permission. You can state on the form any restrictions on us using your photo.
EVALUATIONS AND FEEDBACK
At the end of a workshop or course, Ways with Willow will ask for participant feedback. These will be simple forms that are kept and monitored for evaluative purposes and do not ask for any personal information such as your name, address or phone number. Please allow 5 minutes at the end of your workshop or course to fill in one of our evaluation forms. We really appreciate any feedback you can give us as we are continually looking to improve how we work with others. If you have a complaint or concern, Ways with Willow has a Complaints Policy. Please speak to a member of staff in the first instance, as it may be that we can address any issues at that time. If that is unpractical or if you would prefer not to, you can write to Sian Hill, CEO of Ways with Willow at: 11 Tavern Barn, Fowey, Cornwall PL23 1EF.
PURCHASE OF GOODS FROM OUR WEBSITE
The images of the Goods on our site are for illustrative purposes only. Although we have made every effort to display the colours accurately, we cannot guarantee that your computer’s display of the colours accurately reflect the colour of the Goods. Your Goods may vary slightly from those images. As most of our goods are woven using natural materials, such as willow and wood, colour variation is highly likely at different times of the year.
If you are a consumer, you may only purchase Goods from our site if you are at least 18 years old. All Goods shown on our site are subject to availability. After you place an order, you will receive an e-mail from us acknowledging that we have received your order. However, please note that this does not mean that your order has been accepted. If we are unable to supply you with the Goods, for example because that the Goods are not in stock or no longer available or because of an error in the price on our site, we will inform you of this by e-mail and we will not process your order. If you have already paid for the Goods, we will refund you the full amount as soon as possible.
If you are a consumer, you have a legal right to cancel a Contract under Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 during the period set out below. This means that during the relevant period if you change your mind or for any other reason you decide you do not want to keep the Goods, you can notify us of your decision to cancel the Contract and receive a refund. However, this cancellation right does not apply in the case of products made to order, or perishable products such as living willow. Your legal right to cancel a Contract starts when you receive the e-mail acknowledging your order. If the Goods have already been delivered to you, you have a period of 14 (fourteen) calendar days in which you may cancel, starting from the day after the day you receive the Goods.
Gift vouchers are valid for 12 months from the date of purchase, and can be used as full or part payment for Goods or services offered by us. If the total price of the Goods or services is higher than the amount of the voucher, the difference in the cost between the voucher and the total price will have to be paid. If the value of the Goods or services is lower than the amount of the voucher, no refund, change or credit will be given. Gift vouchers are not transferrable.
Secure on-line payment is available via PayPal. Payment by bank transfer is available for those who do not have a credit card or debit card or who do not wish to pay on-line. Full details of each payment method are supplied at “Checkout”.
Payment for all Goods, Services and all applicable delivery charges are in advance.
Unless otherwise advised by us, items are sent by a third party courier. If you are not going to be in you can ask us to leave Special Instructions for the courier on despatch alternative arrangements (e.g. leave in the garage) please note any goods left as instructed will be at your own risk and delivery will be deemed to have been completed. We or our carriers will always try to arrive on time, but will not be held responsible for late arrival due to unforeseen circumstances.
Please allow 7-10 days for delivery, although the majority or orders are dispatched within 48 hours. Our courier will normally delivery within 2-3 days from dispatch. If you require an urgent delivery or would prefer to receive your goods on a certain day, please contact us before ordering online.
If you have any questions regarding these terms and conditions, you may contact us using the information below:
Sian Hill, Chief Executive Officer, Ways with Willow: 07712 151875 11 Tavern Barn, Fowey, Cornwall PL23 1EF